A friend of mine at work is a new grandma. So a group of us decided to give her a grandma baby shower.
My contribution was baby wash clothes rolled up to look like roses.
Just a bamboo skewer, florist tape, and the wash cloth. Here’s the bouquet.
By the way, the baby’s name is Rosie. Appropriate to have roses, right?
Sheesh – I didn’t realize it has been so long since I last blogged. Briefly, here is what I’ve been up to (or down to, as you will read).
- Mini-vacation to Nelson, British Columbia. Beautiful place and fun time!
- Quick business trip to Santa Clara, California. Interesting, but wall-to-wall traffic was horrible.
- MeiMei, the cat who went to a new home, came back home. Things did not go well. She is now on Prozac (yes, she has her own prescription) on doing very well with the other cats.
- Daughter ran in two half marathons and I cheered her on.
- Daughter’s boyfriend spent Thanksgiving with us. He met the entire family and wasn’t afraid.
- Unfortunately daughter’s car has been feeling ill. One incident resulted in a 2:00 a.m. drop off at the repair shop. I am afraid there are more visits in the near future. Total pain in the neck as daughter works swing shift.
- Had cleaning/organization attack and redid the kitchen pantry. I fell off the step ladder while putting shelf paper on top shelf. Slammed my side against the kitchen island. X-rays say nothing broken, but my body said “ha.” Off work for a week because I could not sit or be in any position except horizontal and was drugged up. Doing better now, but still in a fair amount of pain. But pantry is very organized, with clear plastic bins holding like stuff, such as bins for soups, breakfast, pasta, baking, etc.
- Daughter’s boyfriend just spent a few more days with us again. He is a keeper! He left at the beginning of a snow storm and came upon a serious road accident. He was not involved (thank goodness) but certainly delayed his trip home.
- Attended a little craft party with friends. We crafted Santa on his sleigh–all with candy. Aren’t they cute? I gave mine to the four little girls that live next door.
- Making Bailey’s Irish Creme and peppernuts for the holidays. Whew, peppernuts are a lot of work.
Hope everyone has been good and made it to Santa’s good list. Not me.