Last Friday I went to a sewing class. I had several cute machine embroidery designs that I wanted to stitch onto onesies.
My first stitch out was horrible. Because the onesie is so small, I reduced the design size so it would fit. Now the design is 1.5 inches x 1.5 inches. Kinda small. Unfortunately I forgot to reduce the stitch density. When done, it was so thick that I broke a needle! Here it is in all its ugliness.
So then I tried a different design. Still small on the onesie. This time I remembered to reduce the stitch density. It came out a bit better, but I am still not thrilled with the end result.
I was so disappointed in the results that I waited one week before I even unpacked my machine. So tonight I tried it again. I stitched the first design at its regular size (3.5 inches x 3.5 inches). It came out much better.
I am not overly thrilled about it though. It is still quite bulky and not filled in and as clean looking as the bunny design I did earlier.
I think that is because of all the overstitching. So I am going to try a few more, but use designs from a different company. The bunny design was from company A. The other two designs that I am unhappy with are from company F. I hope I have better luck with a different design company.