I love obsolete, useless, trivial facts. Thus I am going to create a Trivial Tuesday post to share with you.
- Paul Revere was born January 1, 1735.
- Johann Christian Bach died January 1, 1782.
- Great Britain and Ireland unite on January 1, 1701, thus creating the United Kingdom.
- The first United States income tax is declared on January 1, 1862.
- The first New Years Day Rose Bowl football game took place in 1902. University of Michigan beat Stanford, 49 – 0.
- In Sweden, January 1, 1982, ABBA held their last concert.
- Since the Pony Express used horses, not ponies, should it have been called the Horse Express?
- Tootsie Rolls were the first wrapped penny candy in America.
- In 1956, the NBC peacock logo was used. It contained 11 feathers.
- The current NBC peacock had 6 feathers.
Check back next Tuesday for more trivia to fill your brain.
Happy New Year!!