My last post was almost 2 months ago. I guess it is time to get back on the job and figure out what I have been doing. In summary, I have:
- Picked up daughter after her spectacular trip to Japan. I have lots of her pictures and will post them in the future. But just to whet your whistle, here’s a sample. (This one’s for you Lorna.)
- Had to prepare (that means clean, declutter) house for appraisal. Daughter helped with that and we got it done! Received a good appraisal and after a few more weeks, I signed the final papers to refinance my house. Now saving $255/month. Do I hear a “woot woot?”
- I ended up getting sick after all that hard work. That dragged on for some time with no help from the smoke in the air due to lots of wildfires to the west of where I live. After feeling good, bad, and then worse, I found out I had strep throat. But that is in the past now.
- Was called to jury duty. I had never been before and it was extremely interesting seeing how the justice system worked. More on that in a future post.
- Lots and lots of work at work, which got put on the back burner due to 6 days of jury duty.
- Cats have been hanging in there and are as spoiled as ever. Now that the weather is finally cooling down, Ellie is even more chummier. She likes to crawl under the covers again. I still have not turned on my heat, but am using my fireplace. It truly is cozy when reading, with cats and warmth.
- I have started a new mosaic project and that took a couple of weekends to get going. More in a future post.
- Tons and tons of reading and watching videos of TV series. Am up-to-date with Doc Martin, Downton Abbey, and starting season 4 of West Wing.
So that is my past 2 months in a nutshell. I now have to go to bed and figure out how I am going to create posts on Japan trip, jury duty, cats (of course), my new mosaic project, and all that other stuff that always comes up.
Take care all!