Well, I hate to admit this, but day 1 got off to a very slow start. Although I was awake early, I decided to read a bit. And when I read, I often doze off. Thus the slow start. Read, sleep, read, sleep, and so on until I had to get up. 2:00 in the afternoon!
First things first, I fed the cats, took a quick shower, and started in on the list. Here’s what got done.
- Clean up kitchen window sill so Sunni can use it without knocking everything off
- Wash sliding glass doors
- Move Ellie’s litter box into downstairs bathroom
- Put porchetta in crockpot so I can have pulled pork sandwiches
- Wash all bedding
- Plant cat grass for the kitties
- Read and nap while snuggling with kitties
- Clean litter boxes
- Hand watered all plants outside so I could check them out
The porketta smelled lovely! So I had a great dinner in preparation for tomorrow and the continuing adventure. Porketta, baked potato with sour cream, and a ladieu salad (wild greens, feta cheese, red grapes, red onions, huckleberry vinaigrette, and candied pecans).