You Really Like Me!
Yes, I’m quoting Sally Field when she won an Oscar. That’s how I feel as this week I was awarded two–yes, two–Versatile Blogger Awards. Big thank you to:
- Nancy at Young American Wisdom. The reporting of her children’s wise thoughts will brighten your day. Trust me, I heard it on the bus.
- Lorna at Lorna’s Voice. Oh, what to say about Lorna’s blog, except that she is refreshingly honest and excessively funny (is it even possible to be too funny) about her life.
(I feel like I should have a speech on little index cards, and maybe blush, gush, and shed a tear of thanks. Consider it done.)
Conditions of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post. DONE
- Share 7 things about yourself. DONE
- Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it! DONE
I already completed #1 in a previous paragraph (thank you again Nancy and Lorna).
Seven things about me.
- I am extremely shy (face-to-face with people I don’t know), though people who know me don’t see it. Duh!
- I obtained my first rifle when I was 5 years old; that little 22 had belonged to my grandfather.
- I’m all for equal rights for women. I filed a sex discrimination claim (against a job I held for several years) in the late 70s and won part of it. I have worked at a couple of jobs where I was the only woman there (both were great experiences). BTW – Women still only receive (on the average) about 77 cents per $1 earned by men.
- I earned both Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Biology 3.5 years after high school graduation.
- Until I was in 3rd grade, I thought I was an Eskimo. Although blond hair and blue-eyed, being born in Anchorage led me to that belief.
- I am obsessed all things criminal (don’t freak out, I mean with true crime). I’m thus very suspicious of anything out of the ordinary, and kind of paranoid. You can be sure all doors and windows are locked at my place at all times.
- I’m a stickler for patterns and numbers in everything. I even paid $ to request a specific phone number that had a number pattern I liked. This is probably also why I like quilting.
Now–drum roll please–my choice of blogs that are now receiving this award. Since many of my fav blogs have already received this award, I’m going for these newer blogs (at least newer to me). They cover quilting, crafts, cats, family, laughs, photos, and a little of everything else.
- Miao Chronicles
- Jimmie Chew
- As a Linguist
- No Bluffing
- It’s My Birthday
- Nails Bails
- She Can’t Be Serious
- Under the Table and Dreaming by Stephanie Lynn
- Lyrebird Images
- Wicked Mint
- 365 Less Things
- The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Woman
- Quilty Goodness with the Ottos
- Emma explores
- Bobo on the Run
Hope you check
some all of them out. (Whew, that was hard work; I need sustenance ice cream.)