Pet peeves–those little things that drive you nuts, and the more they occur, the nuttier you get. Here are my top five pet peeves; hope I don’t rant too much!
1. Buyers waiting until a cash register total is completely done before they even start to get out a check book, debit card, or credit card. Good heavens–do they think that maybe they won’t have to pay for their items just this once? Maybe they are the 10,000th person to make a purchase today and it is free. Yup, I have nothing better to do while I (and everyone else in line) wait (not patiently) while digging in a purse or wallet. I must admit that I have only experienced women doing this. Pay attention people! You’re not the only one here!
2. Cars tail-gating you. Especially when you are going the speed limit. And then they pass you , just barely making it, thus putting everyone in a precarious position. Best part is when you catch up to them at the stop light. So they have endangered my life through their rush rush, for no reason at all except to be ahead of you for a minute.
3. People who are late try me nuts. Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances for tardiness, but when it is all the time, I cannot abide by it. Sometimes it is a power issues (I am more important than you, so you have to wait for my heavenly presence). Sometimes it is just inconsiderate action and not even thinking about others.
4. Gum smacking makes me want to punch someone in the stomach so the smacker would spit out the gum in one nasty exhale. My daughter is a gum smacker and I am getting tense just thinking about it.
5. Irresponsible pet owners. I am crushed when I see an animal at the side of the road because a car has hit them. Keep your pets in an enclosed area to keep them safe! And if you have a dog that barks all the time, please do something about it before your neighbors get so frustrated that they call the pound and file a complaint. If you can hear them bark, then so can your neighbors!!!
What are your pet peeves? I want to know so I don’t do them; hate to knowingly do something that would tick you off!