Yeah, I know; it’s not Friday. But this was what I was going to post yesterday except I was too sick to get on the computer. So if you’ll just forgive the 24-hour lapse, we’ll call it good. Fickle Friday is going to be a bunch of little thoughts or comments that have been building up all week, or have just entered the picture.
CaTT (cat toilet training) Update:Both cats are using the CitiKitty on the toilet for #1. Someone (or both) is often using it for #2. Though we did have an incident today, which was not their fault. Since I was sick yesterday, I did not get a chance to check on them and clean up. So this morning when I checked, the CitiKitty tray was full of clumps of #1. And there was a #2 deposit on the floor in the bathroom. I wasn’t upset because it was too dirty for them to use the tray anyway. I was pleased (if that is possible) that the deposit was right next to the toilet. So I think they are getting it!
I just finished reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Wonderful book, but made me sad that this behavior occurred, and probably still occurs in many areas. I grew up with little direct knowledge of racism. When I moved to Florida in 1985, I was shocked to find it so prevalent. And when the local news reported that one of the high schools was going to have its first integrated senior prom–in 19fricking85–I was flabbergasted!
Can’t wait to see the movie.
Drum roll please. This blog just received its first award!!
The goal of the award is to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all – have bloggity-blog fun!
So let the fun begin! I sincerely thank Cheryl at Kangaroos of the Scrubby Bush for presenting me with this award. And if you have not been to her blog, please go now and read about Merrilyn, the kangaroo. You won’t be sorry.
This is a difficult decision because a couple of my favorite blogs has lots of followers, thus breaking the rule. So without further ado, here are my top 5 picks that I’m selecting for this award.
- Back to Boise is a new blog written by a friend who has a wicked sense of humor.
- Quilty Goodness with the Ottos inspires me to get back into quilting and playing with my embroidery machine. I thank her immensely!
- Momma Be Thy Name is a blog I just started reading. The author has three little ones under two; how does she stay sane? Read and find out.
- I’m Having the THAIme of My Life is a blog about a young couple living in Thailand. Fascinating stories across the world, and beautiful pictures. Besides, they have a rabbit and a puppy as pets; what more could you ask for?
- Young American Wisdom provides a constant reminder of the wonderful, silly, inane things kids say. If you need a kid fix and a quick chuckle, this is the place to be.