I need a milk shake and didn’t get one today. After I got home from work, I was whining a bit, so Daughter and I decided to go out for dinner and get a milk shake too. On our way to dinner tonight, we drove past a car accident; looked like someone was trying to turn left across 4 lines of rush hour traffic. Since turning left is one of my idiosyncrasies, Daughter suggested I blog about that. Although it is a good story, we ended up chatting about differences between us again. And then it was what I did that drove her nuts, and what she did that drove me nuts. All this was discussed while having a great dinner (with Oreo milk shake and huckleberry cheesecake) and enjoying each others company. So here is the result of our dinner chat.
Things mom does that drives Daughter nuts:
- Over-explains even the simplest thing.
- Rants about stupid silly things.
Things Daughter does that drives mom nuts:
- Chews and smacks gum with mouth open.
- When I ask if she’s hungry, she responds with “Are you?”
- Talks faster than my ears can hear.
- Her idea of putting something away is to just move it to another spot.
Things mom does that makes Daughter laugh:
- Offers fashion tips to fashionable Daughter.
- Out-of-tune singing with the radio or CD.
Things Daughter does that makes mom laugh:
- When she has to admit that mom was right.
- When I can tease her about a silly thing and she ends up laughing too.
Things mom does that are just plain weird!
- She won’t turn left when driving.
- Random farting.
Things Daughter does that are really weird!
- Never puts anything away, but can’t understand why she can’t find anything.
- Snores, but denies it.
Things mom does that makes Daughter proud
- Independent single mom.
Things Daughter does that makes mom proud:
- Very good student!
- Empathetic to her friend’s problems.
- Does not judge people; has friends from all races, religions, social background, and sexual orientation.
Stay tuned for tomorrow, with strawberry fest info, more on Veronica Mars marathon, and hopefully some house work!!